Friday, 30 September 2011

Umbilical cord treatment

Clean and treat a baby's umbilical cord isn’t always done by a midwife or other health professionals. If your baby including a healthy baby, usually a day after delivery will take home with the umbilical cord is still fresh.

Umbilical cord treatment cannot said to be a trivial, how many cases of neonatal deaths because umbilical cord treatment improperly will lead to infection. A sign of infection is the presence of pus, the skin around the red and smelly.

Women who have had babies are usually more skilled than new mothers.  But cleaning and treating a baby's umbilical cord actually is not difficult to do. Just keep umbilical cord sterile and dry until the umbilical cord is release.


The following is a way of implementing a correct treatment of the umbilical cord:
  • Always wash your hands before starting umbilical cord care.
  • Open the umbilical cord wrapped carefully, does not contact with the umbilical cord.
  • Clean the umbilical cord, especially close the abdominal wall or folds with water and soap then dry the umbilical cord. Some versions mention cleaning the umbilical cord by using a alcohol 70%
  • Don’t give anything on Umbilical cord. Use antiseptic fluid that contains iodine was no longer recommended. The umbilical cord covered with sterile gauze.
  • Gauze should be replaced, every time when the baby after a bath, sweating, exposed to dirt and wet.
  • Don’t pulling or take them off, just wait until the umbilical cord will fall off by itself.
  • If the umbilical cord exposed to dirt or feces, wash with soap and water and then drain the umbilical cord.
  • Take the baby to the doctor immediately if the skin around the red and smelly while baby's cord is not release. It could be a sign of tetanus.
  • After the umbilical cord is release, there’s no preferential treatment, but don’t forget to cleaning the navel. Bath the baby like usual and let the umbilical cord in open, don’t need be wrapped anymore.

Above is the version when I was junior classes, given rapid midwifery through research, it makes a lot of things changed. But, in essence, the right treatment of the umbilical cord is the principles of clean and dry.

resources: from my another blog:)

2 comments:

  1. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I know we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus Hiv/Aids, ALS, Parkinson, Menstrual Cramp, Hepatitis,Diabetes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your Blog . I  have experienced the opening and closing of the heart or spiritual heart and message center. And have been releasing many testimony that have been helpful and still were held in my heart. I have been writing and posting up over this past month and in it's help a lot of people on their health problems and have come greater expressions of love and compassion for myself and others. I found that these past testimony that I have been posting at the time of mine get more attention in these blogs on information about herbal treatment of Dr Itua. I had no idea they were still being hell of sick people around the world till the deep posting  began and they came into awareness.Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
    Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blogsite. All my love,

    ReplyDelete